Feb 7, 2010

Songs that make me cry to Happiness - Part 2

Dire Straits – Private Investigations
A blend of classical and electric guitars towards the end with the classical dominating most of the song. This is song is personally my favorite song by Dire Straits. Of course, Sultans of swing, Romeo and Juliet and many more are in my list but clearly this song beats every other one of ‘em by miles. Very little words while the music speaks everything. The song plays like it has all the time in world without any stupid music filling in the silent parts, or perhaps the silence that comes out randomly is the best part in the song. For all, silence can speak a thousand words and express feelings which cannot be done by words or pictures.

Counting Crows - Mr.Jones [VH1 StoryTellers Version]
[VH1 StoryTellers Version] – I specifically mentioned that that because I thought that was better than the original version. Adam Duritz starts of the song by saying that it is a song about his dreams and that version which followed was far too better than the electric version. I still can’t hear the whole song in the electric version. I just switch over to this one. A very sweet yet simple song which can blow you away. Also recommended “Big Yellow Taxi” and “Accidentally in Love”.

Bob Dylan – Knockin’ on Heaven’s door


I am not gonna say a word. Just hear it for yourself.

Guns ‘n roses
Where is “Estranged ” in the rolling stones top 500 songs. The song is purely EPIC. 10 minutes of scintillating symphony……...duh….I dunno how those words came out. But still, the song has everything it needs to be perfect. Slash with his guitar, Axel with his vocals and words. Just perfect. Easily tops the rest of their songs with a close competition with "November Rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment