Mar 24, 2010

Have you ever felt this way?


We were on a trip to this hill top called Ponmudi. We expected green all over the place but were let down. We picked up a place on the hill, sat down, then found ourselves a spot to lie down amidst the dry grass. We started talking about things. I slowly moved away and found myself another spot, not that I wasn’t interested or tired, but just felt like isolating myself. Now this spot was good. If I opened my eyes, I could see great distances (the mountains). My mind was full, overflowing with things that I didn’t want. They were still chatting. The sun came down and all of a sudden the climate was amazingly perfect but they decided to leave. I waited for them to leave so I could come last alone. When everyone left, it was the best experience ever. Never in my life had I experienced such silence. Not a zephyr, so the grass didn’t move a bit, but the climate was cool. I looked as far as the eye can look and not a single person in sight. For about 7 seconds, my mind did not think of anything (yeah, I know it’s hard to believe but it did happen). I mean , for a guy like me who loves to let my mind wander wherever it please, this was different. I was isolated from the rest of the world and my mind was as if nothing had happened in the past 23 years. A few more minutes and I believe that I could have found the answers to most of the questions that kept bugging me. You can try the same. I’m dead sure I’ll never get that feeling again but I wish I do.

2 comments:

  1. wow..macha..where is ponmudi? in kanyakumari?

    ReplyDelete
  2. near Trivandrum....3 hrs from nagercoil da....we will go some time...

    ReplyDelete