Jan 30, 2010

Songs That Make Me Cry To Happiness


Alrighty. I am not an expert in music. But at the moment, it is everything to me. So much that I get annoyed with crap that calls itself music and to make things worse, top the charts. The list is very predictable, as I said, not an expert but at this very moment these songs popped out my skull saying “Me..Me…Me…”. I would love to break down these songs and review them technically but fortunately I do not know how. Which is good for you, cause if I did, then you’d skip it of. Instead I will tell you what it feels like to me when I hear them. 99.999 percent of the time I hear these songs in pitch black except for the LED of my sub woofer giving an evil glare. Anyways, what would I do without it.

The order does not imply a countdown. Just jotted them as it popped out.I suggest you give these songs a try at least 5 times each. If it still doesn't squeeze your soul, then ummm, forget it.
Okie….. Here goes….

Road Trippin’ - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Road Trippin representing Red Hot Chilli Peppers is like any other RHCP song. Amazing song writing, beautifully constructed bass lines and nice melody to hear when you feel all stressed out and completely torn physically. The song takes you through freshness as one can see the lyrics
“Blue you sit so pretty, West of the one
Sparkle light with yellow icing, Just a mirror for the sun”

Pearl Jam - Low Light
Low Light is an amaaazing song. My ex-boss’s favourite. Now my favourite also. Can you imagine a song which takes you through a place where the sun is covered by the clouds and the light is so dilute that you don’t have enough of it to see but want it that way. Imagine no more, hear the song and visualize the dimmer side of your dream land. A land which if filled with light would not be the place you wanted. But I have derived an inner meaning for the song if that’s what Pearl Jam really meant.

Radiohead – How to disappear Completely
How to disappear completely takes you off this world for real. All you have to is set the right temperature in your room, switch of your fan, pin drop silence, pitch dark, and the play the song with your woofer on. I needn’t say more. The song has music that can bring space around you (the one with planets, stars etc , etc.). Heard of the word mind blowing? This song is.

Pink Floyd – Comfortably Numb
I haven’t tried this yet, but thanks to Pink Floyd I already have a clear view of how it would be to inject myself with drugs. I almost cry when the song is over. Comfortably Numb is the song for those who have just recognized the realities of life and are feeling not so well about it. The whole rock opera album is about a boy who is frustrated with the world and decides to build a wall around himself and stay away from the brutalities of life which includes anything there is except himself. A must hear.
See you with the rest in my next post. Great Day…

1 comment: